The Orthodox Motorcycles Association (OMA) mission is simple: We provide unmercenary (without pay) security and a safe atmosphere for Orthodox Christians. OMA also focuses on men’s health & well-being in Christ’s spirit, mind, & body. Heal men, and you heal the family and the nation. Riding motorcycles is Orthodox (Kozaks on iron horses), healthy masculinity, brotherhood/sisterhood, trust-building, therapeutic, American, freedom, and fun! In addition to security and safety, OMA provides service, outreach, education, transportation, love and compassion without discrimination to local communities and equipping Orthodox missionaries with motorcycles (in America and abroad).
Christ is our Great Physician.
The Orthodox Church is His Body, in Whom the Holy Spirit dwells, and She is our spiritual-psycho-somatic Hospital.
The Eucharist is His Holy Body and Blood, the Medicine of Immortality by which we become united to Him.
2 Peter 1:4 says that we have become “partakers of divine nature.”
St. Athanasius: “The Son of God became man, that we might become god…becoming by grace what God is by nature” (On the Incarnation, I).
St. Maximus the Confessor: “A sure warrant for looking forward with hope to deification of human nature is provided by the Incarnation of God, which makes man God to the same degree as God Himself became man … . Let us become the image of the one whole God, bearing nothing earthly in ourselves, so that we may consort with God and become gods, receiving from God our existence as gods. For it is clear that He Who became man without sin (cf. (Heb. 4:15) will divinize human nature without changing it into the Divine Nature, and will raise it up for His Own sake to the same degree as He lowered Himself for man’s sake. This is what St. Paul teaches mystically when he says, “that in the ages to come He might display the overflowing richness of His grace” (Eph. 2:7). (Philokalia, Volume 2, p.178)
We have only two paths before us, Death or Life: either we become god without God (individualism/polytheism) or we become god in God (Orthodox Christianity).
10 goals we strive for at OMA are:
- Promote men’s health and wellness in Christ’s spirit, mind, and body
- Develop & deepen Orthodox fellowship through group motorcycle riding
- Help people in need without discrimination to become whole and Christ-like
- Spread the ancient Orthodox Faith by equipping missionaries with motorcycles
- Start and support local parish chapters for outreach and community service
- Promote Orthodox unity among jurisdictions and non-Orthodox communities
- Go on local, state, & national “runs” to Orthodox parishes and monasteries
- Participate in the annual Paschal Run Fundraisrer for OMA charity
- Be an Orthodox witness in the motorcycle community
- Teach motorcycle riding and safety practices